Grow Food Amherst is working to create a more resilient community by encouraging residents of Amherst and the surrounding towns to grow and buy healthy and affordable food locally.
Amherst Bee Week 2015
- A performance of “To Bee or Not to Be” at the Fort River School on April 10
- An educational display at the Jones Library
- The story of bees at the Jones Library on Saturday, April 18; 11:00am
- A bee theme art project at Judies Art Bar on Tuesday, April 21 at 6:30pm
- Bee workshops at the Amherst Sustainability Festival on Saturday, April 25
- A field tour of the UMass Pollinator Garden at the Agricultural Learning Center, 911 North Pleasant St. at 1PM on Sunday, April 26th led by UMASS Instructor, Jarrod Fowler
- A screening of Queen of the Sun on Monday April 27 at 6:00pm in Amherst Town Hall
- A “bring a shovel” party to share perennial plants on Sunday, May 3 at 1:30p
- …. and;
- An request to homeowners with lawns to leave “10% for the bees“
- Planting a pollinator garden at the Fort River Farm Conservation Area
- Tell the EPA to stop the use of bee killing pesticides! Join with Environment Massachusetts in this email campaign here: STOP KILLING THE BEES!
and be sure to join in the celebration of the annual….
Amherst Town Common; 10:00am – 4:00pm (rain or shine)
We need volunteers to help with set up at 8:00am. Sign up here!
We now have over 450 members! If you are not currently a member, please sign up below! There are no obligations and you will receive a newsletter by email about once a month. And be sure to check out our blog here! Events and activities are posted on our GFA Facebook Page.
Individual projects are managed by subcommittees of Grow Food Amherst. You are welcome to attend one of the monthly Open Steering Committee meetings to learn about our work and join one of the subcommittees - or propose a project yourself!
Please become a member here!